McGinley & Co. Ltd. was established as a wholesale company in 1945 by Jim McGinley Snr. and Ben Dunne Snr. to supply drapery products to retailers here in Ireland. In 1953, Jim purchased Ben Dunne’s shareholding in the company and became the major shareholder within the establishment.
In the mid 70’s, Myles McGinley took over the reins and continued to run the company successfully for the next 20 odd years from his premises located at 27, South Main Street, Cork